6.21.2009

Practical Thursday

On this occasion, I'll share with you a comment on the type of practice you have in the classroom. In school, we all learned that there are ways to teach children which are absolutely different from adults, right? WRONG!!

In my experience, students enjoy doing children's stuff, just as much as them.

As an example, I ask my college students to act and present their own version of fairy tales:





They created their scripts, costumes and sets from scratch only using imagination, colored papers and markers.

And I'll tell you, it's the most fun we've ever had, without mention the linguistic value they put on them!!!

The next time you're about to do a communicative activity like this, think: What would My students like to do with this if they were 10 years old again??

Show us your pics, and we'll love to publish your experience as well...

2 comments:

  1. I gotta agree on this one. i always give them activities like this one at some point and they just can't get enough of them. Recently I filmed them making a phone call, and they actually took their cell phones and pretended they were calling someone else (obviously following a model previously received) and were giving and exchanging information. As soon as I have it transfered I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh!! I have a great tip for that!!

    Have your students record their own message at a answering machine, you know the part where you say: "I'm not home, leave your message" They created their message, recorded on the cellphone and send them to my phone.

    This is a hard task, because listening to yourself is awful, but listening to your self speaking in another language, that's a challenge your students will love to accomplish!!!

    ReplyDelete